Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that all marketing is the same and that the same rules and actions can be applied to all types of businesses. In actual fact, each niche or industry should engage in far more specific steps. If you are involved in lead generation or marketing selling to architects, you should be able to present yourself in such a way that it becomes clear you are aware of this. This means that you should ask a number of questions, and provide a number of tools as well. Let’s take a look.
Questions to Ask
- What is the focus and area of the business, and where does it want to be in five years?
- Does the company currently have a website and how is it optimized?
- Does the company have a comprehensive portfolio to showcase to their clients?
- Does the architect already have a good reputation that encourages word of mouth advertising?
Once you have the answers to those questions, you will be ready to get started on a lead marketing plan for architects.
How to Get Started
There are a few things that have been shown to work really well for architect businesses in terms of generating more leads. These are the things that you should discuss with your clients and start to implement as soon as possible. They include:
- Signing up for free affiliate programs. This enables the business to get their link on other websites.
- Starting an online photo gallery. People who look for an architect want to see before and after pictures. An online photo gallery should be present on the architect’s website, but it should also be place in other online sources.
The most important thing is education. As an online marketer, you should have quite a lot of knowledge on how marketing works and who it is for. However, the architect business has a very different focus. While you will do a lot of the work for them, you will at some point give it back to them for them to manage themselves. Hence, it is your responsibility to create an organized, clear marketing plan that your client understands and can manage as well.
One important element of achieving this is setting up their social media profiles. Social media is one of the most powerful marketing tools, not in the least because it enables you to link back to websites, to share information, to build a reputation, to showcase photo galleries, and more. Hence, if you work with an architect company, you should set up:
- Their Facebook account.
- Their LinkedIn profile.
- An easy to use blog with group discussions.
You may also recommend that the architect invests in some contact marketing, including:
- Writing articles.
- Writing eBooks.
- Video marketing.
- Creating an online portfolio and catalogue.
As a marketer, you will know how to create an action plan that your clients can understand. The above information, however, will help to make sure that your clients know what direction you will be going in and why.