Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
For the Ugandan LGBT Youth Asylum architecture competition, Bee Breeders architecture competition organisers were inspired by the work of multi award-winning filmmaker, and Ugandan LGBT activist, Kamoga Hassan. This competition seeks to generate ideas for a youth centre that can support the local LGBT population in what is a strict and dangerous society for LGBT individuals.
The Ugandan LGBT Youth Asylum should offer practical and psychological support for those youth most affected by the country’s strict anti-gay laws. The work of the brave filmmaker Kamoga Hassan, whose projects highlight just how dangerous it can be for LGBT individuals living in this East African country, highlights why an LGBT youth centre is so important.
- Early Bird Registration: US $70 / US $50
- Advance Registration: US $90 / US $70
- Last Minute Registration: US $120 / US $90
- Early Bird Registration: JANUARY 14 – FEBRUARY 17, 2016
- Advance Registration: FEBRUARY 18 – MARCH 16, 2016
- Last Minute Registration: MARCH 17 – APRIL 20, 2016
- Closing date for registration: APRIL 20, 2016
- Closing date for submission: MAY 4, 2016 (11.59pm GMT)
- Announcement of the winners: MAY 18, 2016
3 winning proposals and 6 honourable mentions will be selected. Bee Breeders architecture competition organisers will award a total of US $5,000 in prize money to competition winners as follows:
- 1st prize winner – US $3,000
- 2nd prize winner – US $1,500
- 3rd prize winner – US $500