Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The Riga Exhibition Centre is one of the largest in the northern region of Eastern Europe and is situated in Kipsala, also known as Kip Island, which is located at the heart of the Latvian capital. The Exhibition Centre currently houses two large exhibition halls, conference rooms and meeting rooms, and has recently announced plans to further expand its facilities.
The Riga Expo Centre is looking for an iconic addition to its already well-established complex, and as such will be considering all winning designs in the Kip Island Auditorium architecture competition. For the additions to their building, the Riga Expo Centre are looking to house an auditorium, additional conference rooms, as well as a new exhibition hall.
The new complex would need to be integrated with the existing complex and act as the new iconic image for the Riga Expo Centre. Winning designs will need to show off the structure’s potential to be the leading exhibition hall in the entire region, and be in keeping with the exciting city in which it is located. As the unofficial capital of the Baltic states, Riga is a vibrant and busy city, with one of the largest airports in the region, as well as one of the largest seaports.
The Riga Expo Centre have committed to consider all winning designs for construction, and the winning designs will be exhibited within the Expo Centre itself in the Spring of 2017.
- 1st Prize Winner – US $11,000
- 2nd Prize Winner – US $6,000
- 3rd Prize Winner – US $2,000
BB Student Award – US $500
BB Green Award – US $500
In addition to the prize fund and their designs being considered for construction, first place winners will be presented in the Green Planet Expo which will be held in the new exhibition centre in May 2017. The GPE team is bringing together green manufacturers and service providers from ten Baltic Sea region countries with the goal of acknowledging the complicated issues surrounding climate change, offering solutions, and encouraging cooperation to solve them.
- Early Bird Registration: October 5th – October 26th
- Advance Registration: October 27th – November 30th
- Last Minute Registration: December 1st – January 18th
- Closing date for registration: January 18, 2017
- Closing date for submission: February 8, 2017 (11.59pm GMT)
- Announcement of the winners: MARCH 1, 2017
- Early Bird Registration: US $90 / US $70
- Advance Registration: US $120 / US $100
- Last Minute Registration: US $140 / US $120